The ERP Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the planning, assessment, design, and conception of the implementation and ongoing management for an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and other key IT strategic initiatives. This includes involvement and ownership of activities within the full project lifecycle including: requirements gathering, assessment, RFP process, ERP design, development/configuration, testing, training and change management, deployment, and user support.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing all phases of an ERP implementation/migration
• Leads user research efforts to gain an understanding of stakeholder pain points, challenges, and needs. Builds and delivers design solutions that meet organization’s needs and expectations.
• Drives innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge. Continually develops skills, knowledge, and abilities by maintaining currency on emerging technologies and approaches. Seeks opportunities to innovate and maximize system functionality.
• Develop detailed project plans for each area of interest within the organization and ensure project scopes, team responsibilities, milestone dates, and the procurement strategy are clearly stated for all assigned projects.
• Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future ERP system requirements to meet organizational needs
• Coordinating the development and maintenance of project documentation
• Holding vendor implementation Project Manager accountable through oversight and reporting for completing the implementation project on time, within scope, within budget and according to the required quality standard (with agreed specifications)
• Managing project change request process and facilitating the approval process for requests submitted by the vendor implementation Project Manager.
• Communicates and presents recommended business process improvements and solutions and decision-making rationale in team and client meetings.
• Reporting project progress, budget and status to the Steering Committee and recommending corrective action when necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications
• 8+years recent experience with managing large complex ERP projects with a strong preference for experience in Parish (County) or City government
• Experience with public procurement processes, Purchasing, Accounting, Budgeting, Human Resources, and Payroll
• Experience with IBM iSeries Financial Management is preferred
• Ability to provide high level expertise across a broad range of business and IT related subject matter areas.
• Experience performing cost benefit analysis regarding new ERP feature development
• Experience with procurement policies and procedures
• Experience with managing software licensing, IT security standards/requirements, and backup & recovery procedures for production and test environments
• Experience with financial audit requirements for business and financial applications
• Prior experience leading ERP-related transformation initiatives and general IT background experience in ERP vendor management and negotiations
• Proficiency with ERP software and principles, enterprise project management software, and project portfolio management software
• PMP certification is preferred
• Experience with NIST, HIPAA and PII
• Experience with business analytics and business intelligence software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or related field is required, with a Master of Science or MBA preferred
The successful candidate will be hired through an IT contractor to work on behalf of Jefferson Parish.
Interested qualified candidates please submit resume and salary expectation to: Brandy Verdin email@example.com Department of Information Technology Jefferson Parish Government 1221 Elmwood Park Blvd, Suite 700 Jefferson, LA 70123 504-736-6720
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (70123)