A $5,000 sign-on bonus is available.
Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the supervision of nursing personnel at our Tulane Facility in order to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality outcomes.
- Coordinates the scheduling of patients with the Nurse Manager; matching patient needs with staff capabilities and experiences to maximize resources
- Assists patient care staff as necessary in initiating, monitoring, and termination of dialysis treatments
- Supervises initial and ongoing patient education; Review and document patient education as necessary to ensure compliance with ESRD Network, regulatory agencies, as well as DCI’s CQI Program and the individual clinic’s requirements
- Obtains consent forms and reviews all information for the new patients before they begin initial treatments
- Oversees monthly patient lab work in accordance with the clinic’s policies and procedures
- Oversees primary nursing teams for completion of monthly assignments
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds, and reviewing charts
- A degree from an accredited Nursing Program is required
- Must maintain a current Registered Nurse license in the state of Louisiana
- Six months experience in dialysis is preferred
- Experience in critical care nursing is preferred
- Experience in a supervisory role is preferred
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA