JACKSON HEWITT TAX SERVICE IS SEEKING
EXPERIENCED TAX PROFESSIONALS FOR THE
UPCOMING 2021 TAX SEASON
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. In a world where human help is increasingly unavailable, we want to be a resource for our clients. Our seasonal Tax Professionals stand out as being friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable.
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. We are looking for top performers to add value and make a difference in people's lives. With 25 locations throughout the greater New Orleans area and in southwest Mississippi, there are ample opportunities for growth within our company.
• Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company's proprietary tax software application.
• Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
• Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of a typical tax return.
• Answers questions and provides future tax planning to clients.
• Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
• Presents the Company's value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
• Participates in Jackson Hewitt marketing activities.
• This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
• High School Degree or equivalent
• Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Basic knowledge of computer functions and math required
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment
• Compliance with company policies and standards
Professional Tax Preparers earn an hourly wage plus a commission on tax returns prepared. Experienced preparers can easily earn more than $20 per hour.
No tax preparation experience? NO PROBLEM! Jackson Hewitt is an industry leader in training tax preparers. Each fall, we offer a Tax School, teaching tax law and theory, with our focus on preparing you to work in a Jackson Hewitt location. We hire the majority of our new preparers from students who successfully complete the Tax School. Tax School begins soon - don't miss it!
Interested in finding out more about Jackson Hewitt's Tax School?
Call us at 1-866-680-1040!
Pay: $9.00 - $15.00 per hour plus bonus
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have installed clear plastic barriers on desks, we sanitize after each client, and masks are required for both preparers and clients.
Location/Region: Greater New Orleans area