You will be tasked with providing personal home care for a female client in her early 80's suffering from moderate dementia. You will help her with compaionship and mental stimulation, meals, meds, help in the household and other daily needs as required by her.
- Assist with maintaining a safe environment
- Assist with meal service and provide eating assistance as necessary.
- Assist with all activities of daily living as needed
- Provide health care services in patients residence.
- Perform basic domestic and household tasks.
- Transport and accompany patients to doctors office or to hospital.
- Administer prescribed medications.
- Administer clients personal care needs.
- Monitor patients (vital signs,temperature, respiration, etc) and report on their condition.
- Provide companionship and basic emotional support (if desired, transport/attend Sunday morning church service with patient).
- Paid sick days
- Bi-weekly paychecks and direct deposit available
- An opportunity for advancement
Requirements to apply:
- At least 2 years verifiable experience as a caregiver
- Valid identification and work authorization
- Dependable transportation
- TB clearance
- High school diploma
Location/Region: New Orleans