Campus Federal Credit Union has immediate opening for a Mortgage Loan Originator in New Orleans. Applicants must be able to provide professional financial services to members related to financing the purchase of residential real property and the refinancing of existing mortgages secured by residential real property. This would include conventional and government loans.
· Originate mortgage loans to meet CFCU and investor guidelines, performs mortgage loan origination and closing duties, including meeting with customers, procuring documents and signatures.
· Develop business relationships with realtors, home builders, land developers, real estate attorneys, real estate appraisers, etc.
· Represent Campus Federal Credit Union at business development functions and community events.
· Establish and maintain a robust customer referral network that will generate the mortgage leads needed to build a healthy pipeline of potential loan applicants.
· Meet with prospective loan applicants to evaluate their home financing needs, explain the available financing options and provide assistance with the customer’s selection of the loan program that best meets his/her needs.
· Pre-qualify home-buyers who wish to know the maximum mortgage they qualify for prior to viewing homes for sale.
· Provide appropriate follow up throughout mortgage origination process and make customer contact as necessary.
· Cross-sell non-mortgage credit union products/services and provide referrals as appropriate.
· Keeps current on guidelines and regulations.
· Respond to inbound calls and email requests from interested/qualified borrowers.
· Originate first mortgage purchase and refinance loans to investor guidelines.
· Monitor marketplace for new products and services and rates. Research and recommend to management on new products/services as needed.
· Recommend revisions to residential lending policies and procedures to management.
· Provide various reports summarizing mortgage loan activities as requested.
· 3 years experience in mortgage loan origination
· NMLS or MLO required.
· Excellent verbal and writing skills; effective communication
· Sales experience
Benefits include 100% paid health, dental, LTD insurance for employee. Other benefits include vacation, sick leave, 401k, life insurance. Salary DOE.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted. EOE
Location/Region: Baton Rouge, LA (US)