The primary responsibility of the Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is to drive market penetration within an assigned territory by working collaboratively with new and existing customers in the construction, commercial, and industrial markets. This critical role will leverage JPS Equipment Rental solutions that drive job site safety and productivity to grow rental revenue, used equipment sales, and profitable growth in their respective territory. To accomplish these objectives Outside Sales Representative must work closely with their operations team at the branch and be competent on the procedures for customer transparency of fleet availability, logistics, service needs, and product support. OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE REQUIRED COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One year operating knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems.
- High-level organizational skills, communication, professionalism, and coachable.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to demonstrate effective sales orientation.
- Able to work independently and possess a strong team mentality.
- Proven planning, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL AND NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Territory Management:
- Schedule face-to-face meetings or deliver on immediate customer requests via phone by providing a seamless experience for our customers.
- Responsible for driving overall Active Customer Growth and Used Sales.
- Validate and collect primary decision maker's contact information and customer needs for use on future sales and marketing campaigns. Sales Effectiveness:
- Coordinate with all store departments to ensure customer satisfaction; and communicate field issues to store personnel.
- Work with Inside Sales team to provide solutions to customers around equipment needs assessment, training, demonstrations, quotations, catalogs, credit applications, etc.
- Negotiate prices on equipment rentals based on market and customers willingness to pay in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
- Leverage marketing, sales, regional and local business growth programs.
- In conjunction with Marketing & Sales Effectiveness, coordinate local sales and marketing campaigns to drive new customers, share of wallet, price & customer retention to deliver higher market penetration and increase active customer base.
- Perform duties as assigned by management OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of proven sales track record.
- Experience in construction rental equipment or related industry strongly preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work environment will vary, but primarily this job will be perform within a company truck, on construction job sites, in customer offices, and in an Office or Workshop environment.
- Safety training required; PPE required outside of office/parking lot area.
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
About this company
At JPS Equipment Rental LLC, our mission is to equip the success of our customers by providing the highest quality of service and construction equipment, thereby exceeding the industry standards in customer care and safety. We are committed to always put the customer first by developing and nurturing those relationships while maintain a strong level of professionalism and teamwork – continually striving to be the very best
Location/Region: Geismar, LA (US)