1st Lake Properties/Lake Development is a family-owned partnership engaged in successful multifamily and commercial property development and management since 1970, owning over eighty (80) properties in the Gulf Coast region consisting of almost 10,000 multifamily units and a small portfolio of commercial properties. We are currently hiring an experienced Construction Superintendent capable of managing all aspects of new construction multifamily housing with an eye for quality and detail, and the internal drive to succeed and lead others.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Coordination of field personnel, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate with Project Manager regarding issues such as construction coordination problems, schedule conflicts, subcontractor performance, material supply delays, site issues, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager to conduct bi-weekly on-site subcontractor scheduling and coordination meetings.
- Maintain daily construction status logs.
- Ensure subcontract scopes of work are completed per the subcontract, plans, and specifications. Ensure subcontractors are responsible for cleanup and organized storage of their materials and equipment on site.
- Ensure materials are delivered per purchase orders in the quantities and specifications required.
- Communicate with in house architectural team as needed for conflict resolution and RFI responses. Also coordinate jobsite inspections/walks with architect and ownership partners.
- Attend bi-weekly/monthly ownership meetings on site or corporate office.
- Coordinate inspections with the authorities having jurisdictions including but not limited to water/sewer, foundations, structural and MEP rough ins and final inspections.
- Coordinate with local utilities for temporary and permanent utilities including but not limited to water, sewer, electrical services, telephone and cable tv services.
- Monitor and maintain silt fence, cleanliness of surrounding streets and stormwater controls, rights of way and easements as required by the authority having jurisdiction.
- Monitor adjacent properties and buildings for possible damages caused during pile driving activities.
- Monitor and update Lake Developments and subcontractors’ safety programs and MSDS manuals.
- Conduct weekly safety “toolbox talks” meetings with Lake Development personnel. Obtain safety meeting minutes from subcontractors.
- Conduct pre-construction/pre-install meetings with subcontractors to confirm scopes of work and coordination needs with other trades.
- Manage contract drawings to ensure that trades are working from the most recent plans, specifications, plan revisions, RFI responses and final approved submittals and shop drawings.
- Review monthly draws for accuracy and percentage of work complete.
- Review and approve time sheets of hourly personnel.
- A bachelor’s degree in construction management, business management, architecture, engineering, or comparable disciplines is preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of construction worksite safety practices and procedures.
- Previous experience and knowledge of OSHA and other applicable federal, state and local safety regulations and standards. Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Acrobat/Adobe PDF viewer.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Must possess a current and valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record