1st Lake Properties is adding a Landscape Supervisor to our existing team of landscape experts to manage the landscaping needs of a portfolio of apartment communities in the Greater New Orleans, LA area. The Landscape Supervisor will also manage a team of Landscape professionals.
As the Landscape Supervisor, you will:
- Supervise a staff of staff of Landscape Managers.
- Generate and monitor budgetary items relating to ongoing landscape maintenance and planning future projects.
- Routinely inspect property grounds and regularly report any issues with planted materials, watering issues, and irrigation systems.
- Manage the performance of landscape contractors.
- Recruit new vendors and contractors.
- Design, consult, and assist staff with landscape projects.
- Meet with Property Managers to train them on landscaping and grounds care guidelines.
- Research and test new products and services that will benefit properties.
In exchange for excellent skills and abilities, you will receive:
- Salary plus a monthly gas allowance
- Paid time off which includes holidays, generous vacation time, sick time, and up to 2 paid days off per year for working safely
- Health, dental, and vision plans; company paid basic life insurance and long term disability insurance; spouse and dependent life insurance; short-term disability insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
To be successful, you will need:
- Landscape Horticulturist license.
- 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
- 5-7 years horticultural management experience.
- Or, 4 years of experience in horticultural management with related college degree.
- Literacy of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and functional knowledge of computers and tablets.
- Proficient and adept communication skills with ability to convey concepts and instructions to contractors and vendors.
- Experience in servicing and repairing irrigation systems, and performing landscape installations.
- A valid driver's license.
- A willingness and ability to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.