Description: Work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials.
- Operate CNC machinery safely and accurately.
- Make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
- Ensure machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
- Read blueprints and use precision measuring equipment to confirm dimensions and accuracy.
- Inspect finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
- Complies with applicable safety regulations and best practices, including all OSHA regulations.
- Assists with training of new hires.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions, to read, interpret, and follow product plans.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required.
- Can tolerate prolonged periods of standing, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must possess visual acuity required to inspect and read plans.