Description: Assemble, arrange, maintain and operate a variety of machines to fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments and equipment.
- Sets up production machines following prints and specifications.
- Chooses, aligns, and securely attaches holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and other materials on machines.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics and instruments to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Identifies malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts controls of machine to correct errors.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by machine setup.
- Starts or restarts equipment after power outages or interruptions.
- Complies with applicable safety regulations and best practices, including all OSHA regulations.
- Assists with training of new hires.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and translate designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required.
- Can tolerate prolonged periods standing, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must possess visual acuity required to operate machine.