HMDA Compliance Specialist
Fidelity Bank Metairie, LA Full-time Finance
Posted on August 27, 2021
The HMDA Compliance Specialist oversees the Bank’s compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and quality control efforts.
Minimum GED for High School diploma.
Minimum of 3 years audit compliance or quality control experience.
Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
Experience in LaserPro/Decision Pro and Encompass
Good organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of federal consumer protection laws, regulations and associated guidance, such as: Reg B, Reg Z, Reg X, Reg C (HMDA), Reg CC, Reg D, Reg Q and Reg DD.
Strong understanding of transactional testing and review process as it applies to the regulations, especially HMDA.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate policies, procedures, training and regulatory correspondence.
Extensive ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries from regulatory agencies, courts and outside consultants.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs: especially Excel and Word.
Ability to work with a limited supervision
Associate’s degree in related field.
Experience using CRAWiz.
Specific Job Functions:
- Coordinates and performs daily review of loan files for compliance with federal lending regulations, focusing on Reg C (HMDA).
- Tracks all new and proposed regulatory compliance developments for HMDA.
- Coordinates reporting of transaction exception logs, and performs periodic self-assessments of HMDA compliance.
- Reviews policies and procedures for compliance with HMDA and applicable lending laws and regulations.
- Ensures the bank’s Loan Application Register (LAR) is accurate and updated regularly, and coordinates yearly reporting.
- Assists Compliance Officer and HR Training staff with the development of training materials to directors, management and employees regarding consumer protection laws and regulations related to HMDA and other areas of expertise.
- Provides compliance support to bank personnel with questions or concerns.
- Complies with regulatory rules and regulations, evidenced through successful completion of training and demonstrated ability.
- Performs other duties as appointed by management.
Fidelity Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.