DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
Jefferson Parish is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated leader who can work effectively and collaboratively with the Parish Administration, Jefferson Parish Council, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office, as well as other Local, State and Federal governmental agencies and public officials. The Department of Security is tasked with overseeing all responsibilities relative to the security of employees and facilities of Jefferson Parish. The Director supervises approximately 3 employees and oversees an annual operating budget of approximately $ 2.9 million dollars.
The Director’s duties and responsibilities include but is not limited to the following:
- Hires and trains personnel, assigns tasks and projects; monitors field work; evaluates employee work performance; approves salary increases, disciplines/discharge, transfers and promotes employees.
- Provide security during meetings and hearings with employees;
- Coordinate with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies on matters of criminal investigations, intelligence gathering, and threat assessments on matters involving parish employees or facilities;
- Perform an annual physical inspection of every parish owned or operated facility. The inspection will identify any potential security risks and provide recommendations on means and methods to reduce loss due to thefts and criminal conduct;
- Conduct internal investigations on crimes reported by or committed upon parish employees or at parish owned or operated facilities;
- Provide recommendations on security measures including, video, access control and loss control prevention on new parish buildings and facilities;
- Oversee and administer any contracts between Jefferson Parish and security guards and security equipment companies;
- Supervise the identification control divisions of Jefferson Parish;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a visionary that thinks out of the box and offers leadership capabilities and a proven track record of successful interactions with members of the public, employees, and elected officials. Preference will be given to applicants that have at least 10 years prior law enforcement experience and familiarity with physical, facility, and electronic security measures. Additionally, the successful candidate shall possess and maintain a valid Louisiana Driver’s License or have the ability to secure one within ten (10) working days of hire.
The annual salary range for the position is, $54,608 - $84,715. Starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Executive level employees are eligible to receive a monthly auto and cell allowance of approximately $700 a month.
Jefferson Parish offers work/life balance and a generous benefits package including:
Health Benefits (medical)- Jefferson Parish offers health insurance benefits and covers up to 81% of the employee premium and 50% of the premium for spouses and dependents. Our health benefits also include a robust wellness plan with an onsite wellness coordinator at no cost to employees
Voluntary Benefits- Available at employee’s cost are a variety of voluntary benefits which include dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending, accident insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance, cancer insurance, term life insurance, and critical illness insurance.
Retirement Benefits- Jefferson Parish employees are enrolled in the Parochial Employees’ Retirement System. This retirement system is a public defined benefit pension plan which provides retirement allowances and other benefits based on an employee’s years of service.
Life Insurance- Jefferson Parish provides employer-paid life insurance at one time an employee’s annual salary up to $150,000.
There shall be a Director of Security to be appointed by the Parish President with the approval of the Council. The individual selected for this position will be required to report to duty during emergency situations. The position is considered unclassified, limited-tenure, at-will employment. The individual selected for this position will be subject to a background check and will be required to submit a financial disclosure statement annually.
Interested qualified candidates please forward resume and salary expectation to:
Attn: Ms. Nicole C. Thompson, Director
Department of Human Resource Management
1221 Elmwood Park Boulevard, Suite 517
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6180
Fax: (504) 736-6125
The Deadline to submit is February 1, 2023.
Resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined above as resumes are submitted. The most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
For additional information about Jefferson Parish, tour the Parish’s website at www.jeffparish.net.
Jefferson Parish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.