COORDINATOR OF THE AMERICAN JOB CENTER
Jefferson Parish Government employs approximately 3,000 people, which are the heartbeat of the organization. The Parish President is elected for up to two (2) four-year terms and directs the operations of 41 different departments. Each director is tasked with taking their department “to the next level,” and encouraging their staff to bring forth ideas that make Jefferson Parish Government more innovative, more creative and more efficient. Every member of the Jefferson Parish team is a true public servant and plays a critical role in meeting the needs of the residents we serve and securing the future of our Parish for the good of our citizens and our community. We invite you to learn more about Jefferson Parish at www.JeffParish.net.
The Office of the American Job Center is responsible for assisting residents of Jefferson Parish government with job readiness programs as well as job placement. The office engages with the Office of Workforce Development by acting as a facilitator of programs and operations for participant services under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Jefferson Parish is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated leader who can work effectively and collaboratively with the Parish Administration, the Workforce Development Board, The office of Workforce Development, participants, as well as other governmental agencies. The Coordinator of the American Job Center is tasked with providing direction and leadership to the American Job Center staff by identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement that will allow for greater efficiency and service quality. The Coordinator oversees approximately 10 employees and an annual operating budget.
The Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include management and operation of the American Job Center and includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Implements, standardizes service delivery processes, customer flow, staff and resource allocation, and standard performance measures. In addition, the Coordinator has a significant role in community outreach, connections, coordination, and communication-related to ensuring the success of the American Job Center's local plan and goals. The Coordinator shall serve as the Local Area Coordinator for Jefferson Parish.
- Works with the Workforce Development Board, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Assistant, to ensure all American Job Center programs and services are successfully implemented. Maintain regular and frequent contact to update the integrated system's implementation progress and request approval for strategy and service development.
- Assists WDB in developing the Regional and Local Workforce Development Area Plans. Collect, analyze, synthesize, and summarize required information and submit reports to WDB as requested.
- Works collectively with other Local Area Coordinators and Regional Business Strategies coordinators to ensure that local area strategies and services align with established regional approaches.
- Prepares operational budgets for American Job Center service delivery based on program regulations, local protocol, and following WDB policy.
- Develops, review, and update interagency agreements such as MOU/ Memorandum of Understanding, Monitor funds closely, and CAP/ Cost Allocation Plans.
- Coordinates the development/implementation of the WDB's strategic plan, including promoting strategic partnerships with the One Stop Operator.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a visionary that thinks out of the box and offers leadership capabilities and a proven track record of successful interactions with members of the public, employees, directors, and elected officials. Qualified candidates will possess knowledge skills and abilities involving the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, at least two years of supervisory experience, and any combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as listed herein above. Additionally, the successful candidate shall possess and maintain a valid Louisiana Driver’s License or have the ability to secure one within ten (10) working days of hire.
The annual salary range for the position is $45,345-$70,345. Starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Executive level employees are eligible to receive a monthly auto and cell allowance of approximately $700 a month.
Jefferson Parish offers work/life balance and a generous benefits package including:
Health Benefits (medical/dental)- Jefferson Parish offers health insurance benefits and covers up to 81% of the employee premium and 50% of the premium for spouses and dependents.
Voluntary Benefits- Available at employee’s cost are a variety of voluntary benefits which include vision insurance, accident insurance, short term disability insurance, cancer insurance, term life insurance, and critical illness insurance.
Retirement Benefits- Jefferson Parish employees are eligible to enroll in the Parochial Employees’ Retirement System. This retirement system is a public defined benefit pension plan which provides retirement allowances and other benefits based on an employee’s years of service.
The individual selected for this position will be required to report to duty during emergency situations. The position is considered unclassified, limited-tenure, at-will employment. The individual selected for this position will be subject to a background check and will be required to submit a financial disclosure statement annually.
Interested qualified candidates please forward resume and salary expectation to:
Attn: Ms. Nicole C. Thompson, Director
Department of Human Resource Management
1221 Elmwood Park Boulevard, Suite 517
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6180
Fax: (504) 736-6125
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: June 9, 2023.
Resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined above as resumes are submitted. The most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
For additional information about Jefferson Parish, tour the Parish’s website at www.jeffparish.net.
Jefferson Parish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.