Coordinator for Office Operations - Campus Life #R00068388
Coordinator Office Operations - Campus Life 0358J LSU Student Union R00068388
Job Description: Coordinator for Office Operations - Campus Life
Louisiana State University invites applications for the position of Coordinator for Office Operations for Campus Life. Reporting to the Director of Campus Life, the Coordinator for Office Operations is a vital team member who represents Campus Life as a primary point of contact for students, registered student organizations (RSOs), RSO student leaders, RSO Advisors, and others who seek Campus Life resources and assistance. The Coordinator for Office Operations also supervises student staff and serves as the budget manager for Campus Life.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Serves as a front line, point of contact for the department in addressing general questions for individuals who seek Campus Life resources and assistance. Manages Campus Life budgets and business expenditures and basic Human Resource Management processes. Supervises department student staff who provide front line assistance through working at the Campus Life front desk.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEADERSHIP:
Refine student staff training efforts to improve customer service Providing excellent customer service, in every single interaction, is a basic expectation in this work and having well trained student employees is critical in this effort. The Coordinator for Office Operations will improve upon the existing training program for desk assistants and introduce base-level and cross training opportunities for the Program Assistants, Food Pantry Assistants, and Marketing & Communications Assistants. Through their efforts, the Coordinator for Office Operations will ensure that frequent questions and needs are addressed by the office staff at the earliest point of contact. Develop a collaborative administrative approach for event planning and support The Coordinator for Office Operations will lead efforts to help reevaluate how departments within Student Affairs can work more collaboratively in planning and executing programs. This includes becoming a divisional expert in business contracting processes, assisting other units when necessary.
ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Is a high energy, student-centered professional who thrives on daily student contact, actively builds authentic and mutually beneficial relationships, can answer the same question multiple times with a smile, and is dedicated to serving others
• Adept at organizing and executing administrative processes for multiple projects simultaneously to deliver results for the team
• Proactive problem solver who can help students and visitors address their needs
• Can cultivate student staff efforts to meet and exceed expectations of students and other visitors to Campus Life
• Committed to inclusion and access through genuine respect and appreciation for the diverse community we serve
• Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback with a focus on continuous improvement for both individuals and the overall team
ABOUT THE DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS PRIORITIES:
Three priorities guide our work in the Division of Student Affairs: Mattering & Belonging, Inclusion & Access and Quality. We believe creating a sense of Mattering & Belonging requires us to ensure every space, place, and interaction communicates to a student that they are home. Being Inclusive and Accessible in our work means that as our student body begins to more closely reflect the diversity of our state, it is our duty to design programs, services, events, and experiences with everyone in mind. Finally, a commitment to Quality is rooted in the belief that LSU students deserve our best effort. Every interaction we have with them should communicate care, relevance, polish, and attention to detail.
Office Support (60%)
• Responsible for day-to-day operations for Campus Life through administrative management.
• Serve as budget manager and processes departmental expenditures.
• Track expenditures for events, experiences, or services within Campus Life, including the processing of business items as invoices, contracts, quotes, and requisitions, and HRM processes for hourly and graduate assistant staff.
• Coordinates student staff training, office management, and property management Direct Student Supervision/Support (25%):
• Coaches student staff to provide frontline advocacy and support for students.
• Serve as the liaison between students and the leadership in the unit.
• Responsible for responding to the needs of student visitors to Campus Life. Quality Control (10%):
• Ensures every aspect of administrative outputs including administrative tasks, implementation, and overall design exudes a high degree of quality.
• Embraces and executes the marginal gains approach and seeks to improve level of all services, events, programs, and experiences in department for continuous improvement every academic year. Other Duties as Assigned (5%):
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Life.
• This includes but is not limited to: efforts that support broad division/institution efforts including at least 40 hours per year spent helping divisional initiatives such as Move-In Day, Welcome Week, Family Weekend, Career Expo, Disability Services Finals Testing, other special projects etc.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Some experience in an administrative/office setting, customer service, or similar role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years’ experience with hiring, training, and supervision of front-facing office staff who provide customer service and with office management, including leading business operations and supporting professional staff members.
As with all LSU employees, due to this position title and/or responsibilities, this position has an obligation to assist students in the acquisition of necessary services. Should a student appear in need of or seek assistance with issues of an emotional, behavioral, or mental health related matter they should be referred to the proper service within the Student Health Center. In situations where the student creates an impression that they are a danger to themselves or others, the advisor should immediately contact the Care Team, the Dean of Students or the appropriate law enforcement agency. The employee outside of those rights contained within FERPA should create no impression of client or patient confidentiality. Ability and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Additional Position Information: Background Check -
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
COVID-19 Vaccine Protocol:
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise they will be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021. HCM
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu