IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR SR
IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR SR
LSU Health New Orleans
LSU Health New Orleans is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team. If you are a self-starter who can help move data warehousing forward and bring new perspectives on database administration, you could be a great asset to LSU Health New Orleans. In this position you will provide
database administration and maintenance support for over 900 databases and 85 servers, utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle RDBMSs running on both Windows Server and Linux operating systems. Will design, implement, and support data warehouse services for university analysis of data and trends. Will provide consultation and troubleshooting support for other IT staff utilizing various performance monitoring and analysis tools. Will provide administration and support for vendor and custom applications, including PeopleSoft Human Resources, Campus Solutions, and Financials. Will lead and mentor on projects.
Primary responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- Database server installation, configuration, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, maintenance, support, data analytics, backup strategies and recovery
- Assist with development of data warehouses and report generations using Power BI and the analytics services. Advise others on analytical techniques.
- Consult with colleagues on database implementations and applications, providing guidance, knowledge, expertise and solutions, and assistance with optimization and efficiencies of systems.
- Perform installation, maintenance, upgrades, patches and troubleshooting for the PeopleSoft Financials, Human Resources and Campus Solutions databases and Oracle Tuxedo middleware environments, including the application server and process scheduler domains.
- Effectively troubleshoot application and operating system issues that could negatively impact server/service performance and uptime.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Seven years combined professional IT experience in database administration, data warehousing, or PeopleSoft administration.
Apply at: https://lsuhsc.peopleadmin.com/postings/13528
LSU Health New Orleans is committed to leveraging diversity as an educational resource and an institutional core value. We seek candidates who will contribute to a climate where students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds have equitable access and success opportunities. As an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, we welcome all to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.