Assistant Facility Manger
LSUHSC Division of Animal Care-Assistant Facility Manager
We are expanding! Come work with us in the “The Big Easy”, the birthplace of jazz, home to the best food, and most exciting Mardi Gras celebration on earth! The LSU Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC) Division of Animal Care in New Orleans is seeking a self-motivated, innovative, and highly organized individual for the position of Facility Manager. We are a fun and dynamic team which supports the lifesaving animal research at LSUHSC. Under supervision, the incumbent in this position will have the responsibility of maintaining the assigned LSUHSC Division of Animal Care facilities located in New Orleans. The incumbent will be responsible for vivarium operational excellence.
The duties for this position include:
• Providing day-to-day motivation and management of laboratory animal care personnel
• Assisting with personnel actions such as hiring, promotion, scheduling, and discipline of animal care technicians
• Providing support for the veterinarians and research personnel
• Making daily round visits in all animal related rooms in their assigned area.
• Maintaining required facility records
• Coordinating husbandry care and training
• Coordinating receiving of animals from commercial vendors
• Coordinating intrafacility transportation of animals.
• Coordinating repairs of equipment used in facility by obtaining quotes & scheduling repairs
• Maintaining service reports
• Inputting work order requests for animal related areas in each building. Meet with each facility personnel prior to completing work order(s). Process supply requisition order supplies for facility.
• Ensuring accurate weekly inventory of all animals in each building.
• Approving space requests for arrival of new animals and maintain inventory of equipment, both usable and unusable.
• Bachelor's Degree in science or related field and two years’ experience related to or as a supervisor or manager in laboratory animal science
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent oral, writing, organizational and computer skills.
• Fluent use of computers (PC) for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet use and email; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interact with faculty, staff, and outside representatives in a professional and courteous manner.
• Three years of supervisory experience managing a laboratory animal facility
• CMAR or ILAMS certification, lean management expertise
• AAALAC site visit preparation experience
• Experience leading civil service or union employees, PeopleSoft experience are also highly desired.
LSU Health New Orleans is committed to leveraging diversity as an educational resource and an institutional core value. We seek candidates who will contribute to a climate where students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds have equitable access and success opportunities. As an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, we welcome all to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.