CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Chief Human Resources Officer
LSU Health Shreveport (LSUHS) welcomes your application for the Chief Human Resources Officer in Shreveport, Louisiana. The Chief Human Resources Officer reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished Human Resources leader who has demonstrated considerable leadership experience providing, promoting, and implementing Human Resources values by planning and managing human resources programs. The incumbent will oversee the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and services including talent management, HR processing and operations, employee relations, talent development, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits, and employment practices and procedures.
The Chief Human Resources Officer exemplifies exceptional leadership, continues the pursuit of academic excellence, and fosters interdisciplinary management within a medical school, academic medical center, or teaching hospital, working closely with the University Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Deans, Directors, and Chairs on all aspects of the University’s activities.
The exceptional candidate is a strong analytical problem solver with a deep process focus, an excellent communicator of oral, written, and verbal skills, and one who possesses outstanding interpersonal skills. Candidates with experience in managing human resources in a complex organization, with substantial experience in and knowledge of State Civil Service, State Government, payroll operations, health and welfare benefits, classification and compensation and EEO/affirmative action regulations are highly desired, as are those experienced with HR strategy, administration, organizational development, succession planning and employee engagement.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business administration, human resources, or related field plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years of varied and increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources Management including ten (10) years in a leadership role which included managing a staff of at least ten (10) personnel. 2. Master’s degree from an accredited university in business administration, human resources, or related field plus thirteen (13) years of varied and increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources Management, of which eight (8) years were in a leadership role which included managing a staff of at least ten (10) personnel.
1. A Master’s degree in business administration, human resource management, industrial
organization, or a related field.
2. Current Human Resources Professional Certification.
3. Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and understanding of employment laws and
4. In-depth knowledge of public sector and higher education human resources practices
and familiarity with governmental affirmative action guidelines
5. A record of significant achievement in managing human resources in a complex organization, with substantial experience in and knowledge of State Civil Service, State Government, payroll operations, health and welfare benefits, classification and compensation and EEO/affirmative action regulations.
The salary for this position is commensurate based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, together with their current CV, to https://www.lsuhsc.edu/shv/CareerOpportunities/Home/Detail/4036 LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport (LSUHSC-S) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LSUHSC-S has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, and in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in medical education.