SIMULATION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
NURSING FACILITY - SIMULATION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our faculty as a school of nursing excellence within an academic health sciences center environment. Our nursing faculty have the opportunity to educate future nurses at the BSN, MN/MSN, DNS and DNP level, including state-of-art simulation laboratories; conduct nursing & interdisciplinary research; engage in faculty practice, including our nurse-run clinics; pursue entrepreneurial and consultative activities; and serve as a nursing leader and development of leadership skills through our Emergent Nurse Leader Program. We invite you to submit your curriculum vitae for the following faculty position: Simulation Operations Specialist. Incumbent will assist with the coordination, planning, development, and implementation of all Nursing Skills and Technology Center (NSTC) learning experiences; responsible for the day to day operations of all events including all labs, training sessions, outside organizational learning experiences, etc..
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Allied Health, Simulation, Medical Healthcare Education, Informatics, or related field.
- Maintains certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Practical knowledge of computers and information systems; Ability to learn and run technically focused simulation & learning lab technologies; Strong communication & interpersonal skills; Excellent analytical, organizational & prioritization skills.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Allied Health profession, or related field.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) and/or Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE)
- Experience working in clinical skills labs, simulation labs, or health care environment in a technical or simulation role; Experience with hazardous materials compliance.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the following link: https://lsuhsc.peopleadmin.com/postings/12066
LSU Health New Orleans is committed to leveraging diversity as an educational resource and an institutional core value. We seek candidates who will contribute to a climate where students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds have equitable access and success opportunities. As an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, we welcome all to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.