Child and Youth Program Assistants
This is a Flex position located at NAS JRB New Orleans which is located in Belle Chasse, La. We are hiring for Entry Level ( $16.70), Intermediate Level ($17.70) and Target Level ($18.76) child care program assistants. Please see our job announcement for requirements for each level. This position can be found on our website at NAF 1-22 CYP PROGRAM ASSISTANT (navymwrneworleans.com)
Our Child Development Center and School Age Care programs operate Monday-Friday . Flex employees can work anywhere from 0-40 hours per week, with an average of about 25 hours per week.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that the childcare provided is in compliance with child development standards as outlined in applicable regulations.
- Assists in planning and conducting an effective child development program to meet physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child based upon stated goals and a curriculum plan provided by the supervisor.
- Reviews and implements daily schedules and activity plans. Arranges room and play materials to accommodate the daily schedule, sets up displays and bulletin boards.
- Helps create adult-made games and play materials (i.e. mixing paints, playdough, and assembling props for dramatic play activities, etc.) and assists with developing a list a of needed supplies and equipment for submission to the supervisor.
- Receives children from parents, notes all special instructions which parents may provide, maintains an accurate count of children in their charge, conducts daily health checks of children, notifies the supervisor pr center director of any marks or other signs that might indicate a suspicion of illness, abuse or neglect.
- Creates a pleasant, inviting atmosphere for children, ensures the safety and sanitation of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Attends to physical needs of the children (i.e. diapering, feeding, toileting, resting, etc.), helps children to develop self-help skills, rocks and hold babies, and assists children during family style meals.