AMBULATORY CARE PHARMACIS - RETAIL PHARMACY NOMC
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: As needed.
The Pharmacist prepares and dispenses prescriptions for parenteral, oral and topical medication, monitors patient drug therapies, and provides drug information. The Pharmacist supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. The pharmacist is also the pharmacist in charge of the retail pharmacy.
B.S. or PharmD degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
At least 1 year retail experience preferred.
Current with the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist.
1. Maintains patient profiles to monitor drug therapy for safety and appropriateness.
2. Communicates with physicians, nurses and other health professionals concerning questionable or unclear orders, product availability, adverse drug reactions and potential incompatibilities.
3. Participates in the selection of appropriate mediation(s) for specific indications.
4. Provides advice and information about health and medications to patients and their family members if necessary.
5. Provides patient counseling as specified in the rules and regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy.
6. Dispenses and compounds or supervises the preparation and dispensing of medications.
7. Interprets physician prescriptions and creates a patient medication profile. Demonstrates competence in interpreting computerized prospective screening and communicating information as appropriate.
8. Maintains prescription records as required by state and federal regulations.
9. Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations. Provides compliance officer of LA Board of Pharmacy required information upon board inspection.
10. Supervises the daily activities of pharmacy technicians.
11. Provide excellent customer service to employees, patients of the facility or the community.
12. Interprets prescriptions (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete patient medication profiles assuring appropriateness based on patient age and medical condition.
13. Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, adverse drug reactions and appropriateness of drug and dose.
14. Performs other duties and assignments as assigned such as community in-service education, updating references, ordering and receiving merchandise, and general housekeeping duties to maintain department and hospital cleanliness.
15. Performs duties with an awareness of patient’s age, growth, development, cultural and spiritual differences.
16. Provides prompt, courteous service to all internal and external customers. Prioritizes and addresses customer needs and demands in a professional manner, providing follow-up and developing cooperative relationships.
17. Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve customer service, work processes and financial performance. Assists in design and implementation of quality improvement initiatives on departmental and organizational levels.
18. Assists team members in completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Orient new co-workers and actively support team development.
19. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and all Federal and State regulatory guidelines