CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH - PHARMACY
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day, evening, weekend rotation-64 hours per pay period
The Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists in preparing and distributing medication, and maintaining patient records. The Pharmacy Technician works only under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. The Pharmacy Technician does not perform duties that can legally be performed only be a Registered Pharmacist.
High school diploma is required
Pharmacy experience preferred
Typing skills and excellent math skills are essential.
Current certification through the LA Board of Pharmacy is required.
Must be able to see (near and have depth perception), hear, talk, have use of right and left hands, have dexterity in fingers.
1. Fills patient-medication cart with unit doses of medications according to patient profiles and with attention to patient ages.
2. Prepares unit doses of medications for verification by pharmacist prior to dispensing.
3. Re-packages bulk oral solid and liquid medications into unit-dose containers.
4. Makes daily rounds to patient care areas to inventory floor-stock medications and supplies.Reconciles stock levels with patient charges.
5. Replaces medications and supplies in automated dispensing system according to dispensing records.Reconciles stock levels with patient charge information.
6. Files floor-stock sheets daily.
7. Answers telephone, receiving and relaying messages accurately and as needed.
8. Accurately enters daily patient charges using information from charge sheets.
9. Inspects medication storage areas monthly as assigned.
10. Places, receives and stocks orders with wholesaler and other vendors as required.
11. Maintains medication and supply inventories.
12. Organizes expired or overstocked medications for return to appropriate vendors.
13. Generates reports, picks lists, and labels as required.
14. Answers requests at the window and makes stat deliveries to patient care areas when requested.
15. Replenishes medications in emergency crash carts or floor stock areas accurately.
16. Acquires current home med list of admitted patients by using resources available including patient/family interview, HCS medication query, patient’s pharmacy or patient’s physician.Enters Home Med List into HCS for Pharmacist review and reconciliation.
17. Performs other duties and assignments as assigned and maintains the department in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
18. Performs duties with an awareness of patient’s age, growth, development, cultural and spiritual differences.
19. Provides prompt, courteous services to all internal and external customers.Prioritizes and addresses customer needs and demands in a professional manner, providing follow-up and developing cooperative relationships.
20. Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve customer services, work processes and financial performance.Assists in design and implementation of quality improvement initiatives on departmental and organizational levels.
21. Assists team members in completion of task and assignments to ensure continuity of service.Orient new co-workers and actively support team development.
22. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and all Federal and State regulatory guidelines.