COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST - MARKETING
Status: Full Time
Shift: M-F- 8-5, As needed
Responsible for the successful implementation of internal and external communication strategies for North Oaks Health System.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field is required.
Two years’ experience in marketing, communications or business development required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interface with individuals in every level of an organization.
Must possess outstanding time management skills and be able to focus attention on a variety of projects without sacrificing quality.
Must have knowledge of computers and keyboarding ability.
Must have current, valid U.S. driver’s license.
1. Assists in the development and implementation of communication strategies for North Oaks Health System and its facilities.
2. Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders and stakeholder organizations. Ensures that accurate and pertinent information is communicated to all North Oaks’ stakeholders.
3. Represents North Oaks Health System at community events as needed. May be required to give written and oral presentations.
4. Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan for the institution.
5. Edits internal and external publications as assigned.
6. Meets or exceeds deadlines pertaining to the creation and distribution of all internal and external communication pieces.
7. Participates in professional development to enhance skills
.8. Prepares written communications for traditional and digital media as directed to support department and health system goals.
9. Assists in determining workflow of Communications Interns and Volunteers.
10. Attends Health System committee meetings as required to ensure information is disseminated accurately.
11. Participates on Proofing Committee.
12. Maintain an institutional focus and sensitivity to community needs in all dealings on behalf of North Oaks Health System.
13. Attends required meetings and participates on committees both internally and externally, as requested.
14. Cover health system sponsored-events and provide photography services, conducting interviews where possible.
15. Support North Oaks’ community relation activities through participation in HOT Team activities whenever possible.
16. Adhere to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
17. Maintain professional affiliations as appropriate and enhance professional growth and development through educational opportunities.
18. Perform all other duties as required or directed.
19. Follow North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and federal and state regulatory guidelines.
20. May be required to occasionally drive as part of job duties.