CREATIVE MANAGER - PRINT & PRODUCTION
Status: Full Time
Shift: M-F, 8-5, as needed
Responsible for the daily operations of in-house design and print shop departments; oversees and schedules all trafficking of jobs between Graphics, Corporate Communications, Marketing/Business Development and Print Shop.
1. Previous Experience Required:
a. A minimum for five years experience in graphic design.
b. Excellent people and communication skills a must.
c. Excellent written and verbal skills.
2. Specialized or Technical Education Required:
a. Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Marketing or related field. Two (2) years of experience for each year of college (8 years) can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
b. Technical skills include computer literacy/knowledge of Macintosh equipment and programs including other graphic design applications.
3. Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Keyboarding and excellent telephone skills.
4. Physical Effort Required:
- Provide direction for design of display advertisements, brochures, direct mail, fliers, newsletters, signage, special event materials and all other collateral as required by departments/organizations associated with the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with marketing department to schedule and submit advertisements to media vendors on or before established deadlines.
- Assists with audience research and develops creative briefs, design concepts and pitches to meet business objectives.
- Develop corporate identity systems for departments, physicians and organizations associated with the hospital.
- Manage and review all design work to unify the hospital brand identity.
- Design and prepare graphic design work for production/printing.
- Manage, design and coordinate production for quarterly publication of Heartbeat and three issues each year of CommUnity newsletter.
- Design artwork for digital media (ex. Facebook, Oaklink, Website).
- Design and coordinate photography sessions for health care providers, special events, brochures, advertising and all other marketing requests.
- Design and coordinate audiovisual and slide presentations (ex. PowerPoint/iMovie) as requested by departments, physicians and organizations associated with the hospital.
- Works collaboratively to support the production of videos/commercials, and image and radio spots, which may include script writing. Coordinate talent, communicate with internal clients and manage production company.
- Chair Forms Committee and design/revise forms as required by departments/organizations associated with the hospital.
- Work in conjunction with the Print Shop to produce printed materials.
- Obtain printing bids and investigates collateral purchases. Always secures best pricing for products.
- Assists Marketing Director with the preparation of annual budget; Monitor and operate within approved budget.
- Perform daily maintenance on computer system and work in conjunction with IT department to continually upgrade system applications and hardware for Macintosh Computers.
- Maintain records, reports and statistics as required.
- Attend required meetings and serve on committees as requested.
- Write departmental goals and objectives.
- Hold staff meetings for Print & Production employees.
- Monitor individual employee workflow and institutional marketing workflow for timeliness and accuracy.
- Treat all employees fairly and consistently.
- Evaluate, coach and counsel employees.
- Maintain professional affiliations as appropriate and enhance professional growth and development through seminars, conferences, etc.
- Keep abreast of all hospital policies and procedures and inform staff members.
- Perform all other duties as required or directed.
- Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance program and all federal and state regulatory guidelines.