CRNA-NB - CRNA
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: As needed PRN 8 hour shifts. Usually 7-3.
Staff CRNA shall effectively administer anesthetic agents to surgical and/or obstetrical patients during regular work schedule and on an emergency basis. Staff CRNA shall perform all duties in a safe manner and follow North Oaks Health System’s safety policies and procedures.
Specialized or Technical Education Required: Graduate of a hospital affiliated school of Anesthesia approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists/NBCRNA.
Maintain Louisiana State Nursing Licensure. Must be credentialed and approved for privileges through the established Medical Staff Committees initially and on an ongoing basis. Must be BLS certified and is required to maintain certification. Must be ACLS certified and is required to maintain certification.
Previous experience is considered strongly in job applicant selection.
Manual or Physical Skill Required:
A. Induce anesthesia.
B. Maintain anesthesia at the required levels.
C. Support line functions during the period in which anesthesia is administered, including induction and intubation procedures.
D. Recognize and take appropriate corrective action for abnormal patient responses to anesthesia, to any adjunctive medication, or other form of therapy.
E. Provide professional observation and resuscitative care until the patient has regained control of his vital functions.
F. Maintain regional anesthesia previously induced by the Anesthesiologist.
G. Provide emergency resuscitative skills in “Code Blue” situations throughout the hospital.
H. Provide post anesthetic evaluations.
I. Physical Effort Required: Strength: Light Push: Occasionally Pull: Occasionally Carry: Occasionally Lift: Occasionally Sit: Frequently Stand: Occasionally Walk: Occasionally
1. Maintains Louisiana State Nursing licensure.
2. Graduated from a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia program/maintains certification through NBCRNA/AANA.
3. Maintains BLS / ACLS certifications.
4. Credentialed with NOMC as Allied Health Professional.
5. Adheres to North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
6. Effectively administers anesthetic agents to surgical patients during regular work schedule and on emergency (on-call) basis.
7. Effectively administers anesthetic agents to laboring patients (if applicable).
8. Properly prepares and maintains anesthesia equipment, pharmacologic agents, intravenous solutions and environment.
9. Reports for duty in time to properly set for case.
10. Strives to create and maintain positive communications and working relationships with other hospital personnel.
11. Responsible for utilizing hospital email for sending and retrieving communication to and from the department director and other hospital departments.
12. Accepts and performs additional duties necessary for the smooth operation of the department.
13. Proficient in pre-anesthetic and post-anesthetic assessment.
14. Proficient in Airway Management including manual mask ventilation, oral, nasal intubations and extubation, laryngeal mask airway placement and management.
15. Proficient in invasive / noninvasive peri-anesthesia monitoring.
16. Proficient in intra-venous and arterial catheter placement and management.
17. Proficient in use of Pharmacologic Agents to maintain Physiologic Homeostasis during the Perianesthetic process.
18. Proficient in the use of fluid, electrolyte blood, blood products, plasma expanders to maintain Homeostasis.
19. Proficient in the anesthetic management of infants.
20. Proficient in the anesthetic management of children.
21. Proficient in the anesthetic management of adolescents.
22. Proficient in the anesthetic management of adults.
23. Proficient in the anesthetic management of geriatrics.
24. Proficient in sedation techniques for MAC/Moderate sedation.
25. Proficient in induction, maintenance and emergence of anesthetics rendering patients insensitive to pain and emotional stress during surgical, obstetrical and certain medical procedures.
26. Performs approved procedures competently.
27. Documents in the EHR according to policy.
28. Communicates any anesthesia issues via Quantros reporting form.
29. Compliant with Patient Satisfaction.
30. Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows North Oaks Health System’s safety policies and procedures.