CT TECHNOLOGIST - CAT SCAN
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: Days/ Hours vary as needed.
Performs CT procedures in accordance with established professional and departmental standards and procedures.
Graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
Must achieve certification from The American Registry of Radiologic Technology within one year of graduation.
Must be licensed by the state of Louisiana.
Completed BCLS certification.
Previous CT experience preferred.
1. Customer Satisfaction/Respect for the Individual. Ability to identify those who receive services and/or products within the work environment, including patients, families, visitors, other departments, and all others. Ability to anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of customers. Promotes the customer service standards of North Oaks.
2. Communication. Can professionally speak and listen to information. Can express self clearly and when required. Ability to identify and use appropriate information routes. May include written and oral expression.
3. Cooperation. Ability to get along with others in a courteous professional manner.
4. Teamwork. Ability to work effectively with others to solve problems, implements group decisions and achieves group/organization goals.
5. Functions productively, responsibly and exhibits adaptability with the team. Positively demonstrates VALUES of North Oaks Health System. Plans and prioritizes work while maintaining positive performance.
6. Personal responsibility/Integrity/ Financial Responsibility: Each person is responsible for his or her actions, and individually accountable for satisfied patients/customers, confidentiality or patient and hospital information, quality outcomes, efficient operations, and the overall success of North Oaks Health System.
7. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
B. Modality Specific Duties:
1. Demonstrate a complete working knowledge of all CT equipment within the department.
2. Performs all CT procedures. Demonstrates anatomy under investigation through proper patient positioning and administers contrast media according to the department policy and procedure manual. Obtains patient history and clinical data for correlation with the CT scans.
3. Adjust technical factors in proportion to patient and body part being examined while minimizing radiation. Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self according to prescribed safety standards.
4. Reviews physician orders, checking for special instructions from requesting physician, and consults with the radiologist as necessary. Pleasantly greets patients, confirming their identification and introducing yourself. Completely explains examination procedure to the patient and their family if present.
5. Performs visual preventive safety inspections. Identifies problems and communicates to immediate supervisor.
6. Maintains necessary inventory of supplies for assigned room, rotating stock in an orderly fashion, and eliminating outdated items.
7. Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers and exam tables.8. Recognizes emergency situations, initiates code procedures and administers first aid or CPR as needed.9. Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor, coordinator or director.
C. Education and Staff Development
1. Trains new and current employees, students, and/or volunteers by discussion and demonstration.
2. Has completed all mandatory classes in the past calendar year. Has completed all in-services relating to their position. Participates in continuing education activities.
3. Participates in projects and assists in the development and implementation of procedures and policies.
4. Confidentiality: Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and hospital information. Financial Responsibility: Each person is individually accountable for his/her part in the overall financial well being of the Medical Center.
c. Complies with wearing of Hospital Identification badge as instructed.
d. Appropriate use of breaks and mealtimes
e. Attends staff meetings
f. Organizational and Departmental Regulator Compliance (OSHA, JCAHO, HCFA, OIG, etc.…)
g. Policies and Procedures
i. Work area Cleanliness
j. Hospital and Department Dress Code