DATA SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Status: Full Time
Shift: M-F 8a-4:30p
The Data Solutions Architect is responsible for defining and developing prototypes, standards, tools, components, and assets that guide decisions around the relationship between organizational analytical needs and the processes, tooling, and architecture to support them. This position is technically focused, but also understands the organization’s clinical, financial, operational, and regulatory goals and objectives to formulate the best data delivery method for a given need. The Data Solutions Architect utilizes their knowledge to design robust, secure, scalable, and agile solutions that are cost-effective and can be utilized by both technical and non-technical resources alike for data-mining and data presentation purposes. In addition to “big picture” planning, this position actively participates in the organization’s analytics efforts by creating reports, views, data marts, dashboards, and other reporting content. This position also acts as a data steward by identifying and reporting areas with potential data quality issues to the Applications Manager for follow-up. Since the reporting content produced by this department is critical in decision-making for the organization, it is imperative that the Data Solutions Architect exhibits great attention to detail and excels at self-reviews, peer reviews, and working with strategists and other subject matter experts as needed to validate reporting content with the goal of consistently producing accurate, high-quality reporting content.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other business related field is required.
· Existing certification in at least one Epic Clarity Data Model or timely obtain certification as required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL development is required.
· Minimum 1 year experience in data warehousing is required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in SQL Server Integration Services and/or SQL Server Analysis Services is required.
· Knowledge of relational and/or dimensional database design is required.
· Must be proficient in the use of a computer and various software applications, including but not limited to, word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Outlook), and any other programs as may be deemed necessary.
· Must have excellent written, analytical, organizational, time management, presentation, and communication skills including the ability to effectively interface with individuals at every level of an organization and communicate technical details in an easy-to-understand manner.
· Master of Business or Healthcare Administration is preferred.
· 1 year experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
· 1 year experience in Crystal Reports is preferred.
Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Long periods of sitting and working at a computer.
Physical Effort Required:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Functions as a technical analytics expert resource for the organization.
2. Provides quick prototyping and proofs-of-concept, and assists in “build vs. buy” decision through the understanding of organizational requirements.
3. Analyzes current technical processes and architecture of health and business analytics to identify opportunities for improvement and standardization, including but not limited to cost-effectiveness, scalability, reusability, security, and adaptability.
4. Participates in the organization’s change management process in order to mitigate potential disruptions to established standards and processes within health and business analytics.
5. Collaborates with the IT Technical Services team on changes to the organization’s health and business analytics infrastructure and/or ETL processes.
6. Develops and provides statistics on utilization of analytic content in order to track overall content effectiveness and identify underutilized content.
7. Acts as mentor to other technical team members and promotes cross-training amongst the group.
8. Contributes to the build and maintenance of organizational data definitions and standards and the report repository.
9. Collects end-user reporting requirements, evaluates the feasibility of these requirements from a technical and data quality perspective, and offers suggestions for appropriate data sources and usage based on established standards.
10. Works closely with department strategists to formulate recommendations based on substantiated analysis, including but not limited to trend analysis, data correlations, and statistical process control methodologies.
11. Deals discretely with large amounts of sensitive data and confidential information.
12. Designs SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server and other database technologies to compile and format complex data into practical and re-usable reporting content.
13. Designs and develops reporting views, dashboards, reports, data extracts, data models, cubes, and other data-mining solutions.
- Develops, tests, implements, and maintains new functions, features, and capabilities of analytics and reporting applications.
15. Contributes to the build, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise data warehousing and analytics solutions.
16. Continually verifies and monitors data integrity, reliability, and accuracy and makes recommendations on appropriate data entry strategies.
17. Obtains and maintains knowledge of Epic Cogito report development and data models along with other software systems as may be required.
18. Provides end-user training on data standards, self-service reporting, and other analytics tools/methods.
19. Develops and maintains an understanding of key institutional information, workflows, and strategies.
20. Keeps abreast of new technologies and advancements in data warehousing, self-service reporting, and other areas of health and business analytics.
21. Fully documents all reporting content additions or modifications.
22. Adheres to established hospital and department policies and procedures.
23. Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
24. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and all federal and state regulatory guidelines.