EEG TECH - NEURODIAGNOSTICS
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: Weekdays 8am-4:30pm; weekends and holidays rotation 8am-2:30pm
Under the supervision of the Neurodiagnostics/Sleep Disorder Coordinator, performs EEG’s.
High School graduate, and graduate of an accredited Electroneurodiagnostic Technology Program, Polysomnographic Tech program or equivalent training.
One year digital EEG experience is preferred.
Eligible for examination for registration by ABRET.
1. Measures and accurately applies electrodes in a timely manner, according to the international 10-20 System. Ensures that electrode impedances meet laboratory standards.
2. Obtains and documents comprehensive patient history.
3. Performs EEG record according to the standards of the department (routine, sleep, bedside, and electrocerebral silence recording).
4. Implements alternative methods or adjusts controls to obtain optimal recording. This may include control settings, extra electrodes, extra montages, and the use of activation procedures.
5. Knowledge of appropriate calibration and how to make adjustments. Documents, eliminates, or takes proper measures to monitor patient or environmental artifact.
6. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
7. Knowledge of basic infection control standards relating to patient and equipment.
8. Knowledge of EEG internet application for physician interpretation.
9. Reporting of critical monitors to neurologist at the time of recording when needed.
10. Maintains equipment in working order. Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and report to supervisor promptly.
11. Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills with patients, patient families, department staff, physicians and other hospital staff.
12. Knowledge of neuroanatomy and physiology, basic electronics and electrical safety, and general knowledge of EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition and various medical and pharmacological conditions that influence EEG.
13. Participates in conferences and technical meetings.15Perform other duties as assigned.16. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.