HVAC APPRENTICE - PLANT OPERATIONS
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: As needed - Monday - Friday 06:00 - 16:30
The HVAC apprenticeship program is designed to provide on-the-job training and increase knowledge and performance in regard to Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.The apprentice shall demonstrate steady advancement and improvement in knowledge and performance in the field of HVAC.
1. No previous experience required, but a general knowledge of principals and theory of operations of centrifugal chillers, steam boilers, energy management systems, pneumatic controls, air handler/air movement/air pressure relations as well as DEQ regulation preferred.
2. Specialized or Technical Education :High school or equivalent required, certificate of completion from a technical or trade school in HVAC preferred. Refrigerant transition and recovery certificate preferred.
3. Manual or Physical Skill Required: Bending, walking, climbing ladders, standing for long periods of time, reaching. Requires considerable hand-eye coordination and extremely accurate touch in adjusting and repairing equipment and other devices. Must be able to properly operate electronic and mechanical devices.
4. Physical Effort Required: Frequent walking and climbing of stairs and ladders, intermittent stooping,bending and crawling while making repairs to equipment, steady muscular exertion, demanding considerable strength.Physical Demands:Strength: MediumPush: OccasionallyPull: OccasionallyCarry: OccasionallyLift: OccasionallySit: OccasionallyStand: FrequentlyWalk: Frequently
1. Assist the HVAC Engineer Specialist with the inspection, P.M. and maintenance of plant equipment which may include entire heating, steam, ventilating, a/c, and energy management operations at the hospital and outside buildings.2. Assist other employees of Plant Operations in assigned maintenance and repair task.3. Follows department policy and directions required to insure safe work performance.4. Study and familiarize themselves with the plans and specifications for the heating, ventilation and A/C-refrigerator systems at all hospital owned and operated facilities.5. Requisitions materials for authorized work orders, keeps records of time and material expended on authorized work orders in the AYS System.6. Maintains and helps clean all mechanical rooms, shop and tools.7. Participates in education and training programs.8. Perform additional duties as required and directed.9. Cooperates and works with fellow employees and trades.10. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.