LPN - GENERAL SURGERY UNIT
Status: Full Time
Shift: 7 P - 7 A Weekends (8 of 9 Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a member of the health care team, and is responsible for providing quality nursing care utilizing NOMC standards of practice. Will utilize effective communication between nursing personnel, physicians, other hospital departments, patients and families. Under supervision of a registered nurse or physician, is responsible for patient care limited to guidelines established by the LPN Board of Examiners.
Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school.
Must have current LA LPN license.
Membership in an LPN organization is encouraged.
1. Ensure the maintenance of quality patient care.
A. Patient data collection
B. Administer medications
C. Patient care issues
D. Patient education
E. Documentation in the patient record.
2. Adhere to policy and procedure.
A. Responsible for adherence to hospital policies and procedures.
B. Adhere to acceptable dress code.
C. Report all incidents and injuries.
D. Report all medication errors.
E. Comply with attendance policy.
F. Knowledgeable of hospital safety codes.
G. Report unsafe conditions.
H. Provide clean environment.
I. Account for medications.
3. Assist in operational functions.
A. Assist Unit Coordinator/Director in maintenance of policies and procedures as designated.
B. Assist in maintaining inventory.
4. Maintain satisfactory communications.
A. Promote satisfactory relationships.
B. Demonstrate professional manner.
C. Office organization.
5. Participate in professional development activities.
A. Attend committee meetings as designated by Unit Coordinator/Director
B. Attend in-service programs.
C. Share knowledge with others.
6. Perform other duties as requested.
7. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
8. Is able to demonstrate competency in age specific criteria as applicable to job scope.