MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - PLANT OPERATIONS
Status: Full Time
Shift: varies 40 hours weekly
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Engineer with hospital and/or facility maintenance experience preferred, which should include hands-on experience in general maintenance and repair, electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
Requires considerable hand-eye coordination and extremely accurate touch in adjusting and repairing equipment and other devices. Must be able to properly operate electronic and mechanical devices.
Frequent walking and climbing of stairs and ladders, intermittent stooping, bending and crawling while making repairs to equipment, steady muscular exertion demanding considerable strength, able to lift 100 lbs.
1. Work shift as directed.
2. Maintain logs and records for shift operation.
3. Reporting any deviations from standards to Supervisor.
4. Operates boilers, air conditioning equipment and other allied equipment in plant and main hospital building in accordance with safety regulations and hospital operating procedures.
5. Shall perform maintenance to equipment, furnishings, fixtures and systems in plant and main hospital and all outlying buildings as required by planned maintenance work orders or as directed.
6. Shall perform repairs to equipment, furnishings, fixtures and systems in plant and main hospital and all out buildings as required and or directed.
7. Shall lubricate equipment and machinery as required by P.M. program.
8. Conduct daily inspections and equipment rounds on emergency generator, boilers, chillers and other essential equipment as directed.
9. Responsible for housekeeping of the plant building including repairs to pipe covering and maintenance, painting of equipment, machinery and piping, cleaning of mechanical rooms etc.
10. Shall assist in training new employees in the function and operation of the various systems in the plant and hospital.
11. Shall participate in educational and training programs, keep self- informed of new rules, regulations and changes in methods and techniques and also make recommendations for improvements and efficiency of operations of equipment.
12. Perform additional duties as required, when necessary and as directed by the Supervisor
13. Maintain and help clean shop area and tools.
14. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
15. Drive North Oaks Health System’s vehicles, so therefore must maintain a current State Driver’s License, while maintaining a good driving record.