MOBILITY TECH - FLEX
Status: PRN - As Needed
Provide direct and indirect patient care within any clinical area under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
A. Experience, Knowledge and Skill
1. Previous Experience Required:
The Mobility Tech will be required to complete a checklist of skills. Only after the required skills have been demonstrated will the Mobility Tech be able to perform these duties independently.
2. Specialized or Technical Education Required:
High school diploma or GED. Enrollment in a nursing assistant program or other clinical program preferred but not required.
3. Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Good mental health to work effectively with patients, families, physicians and other personnel.
4. Physical Effort Required:
Must have good physical health, capable of standing on feet for long periods of time, moving and lifting patients.
1. Assist with care of the patients.
A. Assist with the maintenance of quality care.
B. Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of the unit as whole as well as individual patient rooms.
C. Is able to demonstrate competency in age specific criteria as applicable to job scope.
D. Assist with ambulatory needs and toileting needs as assigned.
E. Assist with Vital Sign collection.
F. Assist patient with dietary and hydration needs.
G. Assist with transport or discharge transportation.
2. Assist in maintaining supply inventory.
B. Pick up, deliver and store supplies in appropriate place.
3. Participate in educational programs.
A. Attend in-service programs as provided.
B. Attend department meetings.
4. Maintain satisfactory communications.
A. Demonstrate clear and accurate lines of communications.
B. Demonstrate listening and understanding with verbal and non-verbal responses.
C. Demonstrate accuracy in verbal communication.
D. Maintain confidentiality of patient and Hospital.
E. Extend courtesy and consideration for others in interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships.
F. Offer assistance and/or instructions to patients, physicians, families and co-workers in a courteous and attentive manner.
5. Maintain and employment record in accordance with Hospital policies.
A. Demonstrated professional manner in work setting.
B. Comply with attendance policies.
C. Adhere to acceptable dress code.
4. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of Hospital safety.
A. Knowledge of all Hospital safety codes and performs duties during both drills and actual emergencies.
B. Report unsafe conditions and incidents.
7. Perform other duties as required.