OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - REHAB-INPATIENT THERAPY
Status: Full Time
Shift: 7-3:30 Inpatient rehab. M-F. Holiday rotation, on-call for weekends.
Assist in managing daily operations of the department. Supervise subordinate staff members. Facilitate program development. Plan and implement specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy in all areas in the hospital system including but not limited to: Acute care, Outpatient, CMR and Hospice. Collaborate with interdisciplinary treatment team.
Graduate of an accredited program in occupational therapy.
Louisiana state license as required and national registration preferred. Temporary License accepted while therapist is in licensure process.
Intermittent exertion in positioning, lifting, transferring patients, equipment or other materials. Walking and standing predominant although some stooping, kneeling and reaching are required. Occupational Therapist is classified as D.O.T. 076.121-101, with a physical demand level of Medium.
1. Evaluate referred patients, gathering data from a variety of sources such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members.
2. Develop a plan of treatment for assigned patients including specific goals and activities. Reevaluate and modify plan at periodic intervals and as necessary per Occupational Therapy Practice Act. Sets reasonable, functional goals and treatment plan with consideration for age, diagnosis, medical and psychosocial background. Treat assigned patients and guide individual patients in selection of appropriate activities. Lead specialized activities. May confer as necessary with physician concerning alternatives available.
3. Prepare written documentation as required by the profession and the department, such as evaluation results, individualized problem lists and treatment care plans, progress reports and other such reports.
4. Complete appropriate documents to assist in requests for certification from patients’ insurance carrier. Continually monitor approval to ensure appropriate coverage for services.
5. Communicate observations, facts and comments with nursing and interdisciplinary team members, individually, and through team meeting presentations to insure efficient coordination of the overall health care plan.
6. Supervise subordinate staff and student activities; assign patients and transmit orders to support staff members. Coordinate scheduling of patients.
7. Provide clinical supervision of patient treatments, family and inter-team communication, and record keeping. Attend staff conferences and family conferences. Monitor balance of patient caseload and therapy orders.
8. Act as liaison with nursing, medical staff and other hospital personnel to facilitate problem solving and coordination of services and act as educational resource.
9. Identify needs in program planning and facilitate program development.
10. Provide the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
11. Comply with department policies, procedures, objectives, safety, environment, infection control and quality assurance programs.
12. Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings and attend other meetings as required.
13. Meet the needs of patients in the waiting area and the treatment rooms in an appropriate and safe manner.
14. Maintain appointment books, logs, charge records and schedules as necessary for the daily operations of the department.
15. Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.16. Follow North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.