ORTHOPEDIC ASSIST./ATHLETIC TRAIN - NO ORTHOPAEDIC SPECIALTY
Status: Full Time
Shift: 40 hours; 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday
Previous Experience Required:
Previous Athletic Training job Experience preferred.
Specialized or Technical Education Required:
Graduate with an Athletic Training Degree of an accredited program. State licensure required.
State licensure required.
Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Must be capable of assisting with the lifting and moving of patients.Must have knowledge of appropriate body mechanics. Must be capable of prolonged standing and walking.
1. Performs functions such as intake, discharge, telephone messaging, medication administration, result reporting, authorizations, accurate documentation and assisting with in-office procedures.
2. Rooms patients and escorts them to the screening area/exam room after verifying identity with two patient identifiers by stating “for your safety, will you state your name and date of birth”.
3. Obtain and record patient’s weight, height and vital signs and document them into the patient’s EMR.
4. Performs medication reconciliation, allergy updates, past medical, social, surgical and family history.
5. Educates and assist patient with MyChart sign up.
6. Maintains competency in and performs any in-office testing as required.
7. Initials and reviews the After Visit Summary (AVS) with the patient and/or caregiver.Emphasis will be made regarding any medication changes or future orders.
8. Cleans and disinfects the patient treatment area as well as any reusable equipment per policy and procedure after each patient encounter.
9. Assist with ordering, stocking and maintaining supplies within the clinic utilizing authorized vendors through material services.
10. Provides age appropriate care within their scope of practice.
11. Direct care of patients in the Orthopaedic clinic setting. Performs evaluations and formulates treatment plans for injured athletes.
12. Administer and assist in, but not limited to, such treatments as exercises, gait training, wound care, bracing, taping, splinting and casting.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of the diagnosis, precautions, and contraindications associated with all the aspects of patient care.
14. Instruct patients in procedures or activities based on plan of care per physician orders.
15. Determine readiness of athlete to return to play through functional testing as ordered by physician.
16. Prepares any written documentation required by department.
17. Provides care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
18. Ensures patients receive MRI, CT, and other advanced radiological imaging as directed by the Provider orders.
19. Maintains and distributes appropriate supplies including linens, bandages, cleaning supplies and assistive devices.
20. Maintains cleanliness of department, treatment areas and equipment.
21. Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, maintaining insurance records, assist in claim preparation/submission and other related duties as directed by supervisor. Validate insurance coverage, primary and secondary for all patients.
22. Complies with department policies, procedures, objectives, safety, environmental, infection control and quality assurance programs.
23. Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings and attends other meetings that are required.
24. Performs other duties as directed by supervisor in reference to the Orthopaedic clinic.
25. Communicates at an appropriate level necessary for interaction with all personnel along the continuum.
26. Assist yearly in-services to Orthopaedic staff for emergency care.
27. Provides ATC coverage for special NOHS events as decided upon by supervisor is familiar with emergency action plans for each athletic venue.
28. Follow North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
29. Abide by all written policies and procedures North Oaks Physician Group and of certification entities.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.