PERF IMPROVEMENT LEAD - QA \ PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM M-F
The Performance Improvement Lead Supports NOHS quality and performance improvement programs to meet identified strategic initiatives and performance improvement goals. This will be accomplished by providing Lean expertise through training, mentoring, consulting and providing leadership on medium to large transformations and initiatives. This team member facilitates these initiatives and is accountable for the quality of facilitation, advice, and analysis. Obtains and analyzes data to identify process improvement opportunities utilizing some higher order statistics; reviews data and identifies trends, makes recommendations on findings, recommends improvement initiatives and leads initiatives as assigned. This position will provide leadership, mentoring, and training to all levels and functions of the NOHS operations on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools within the NOHS’s various locations.
Graduatee of an RN program is required. Bachelor’s degree with three (3)years’ experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence, Project Management, or Performance Excellence function may be considered in lieu of RN education/licensure.
Current LA RN license required (if applicable to education)
Three years PI Team Leader experience is required.
3 years RN / Clinical experience preferred.
Prefer at least three years’ experience with data analysis
Demonstrated transformations preferred.
Must have well developed interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
Must display knowledge, skills, and experience in data collection and analysis techniques.
Computer experience required, including word processing, spreadsheet skills, and the ability to master software programs in Windows or other applications
Ability to prepare concise but comprehensive reports, analyses, plans, and appraisals.
Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical application is mandatory.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and training to all levels and functions of the business's operations on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools within the organization's various locations
- Takes direction from / works directly with VP on performance improvement activities and topics.
- Obtains and analyzes data to identify process improvement opportunities utilizing some higher order statistics; reviews data and identifies trends
- Responsible for monitoring for CMS and payor programs standards that apply to Performance Management. Responsible for reporting any updates, changes, or new standards to PM Leadership in order to maintain North Oaks Health System strategy alignment.
- Monitors internal and external databases and reports to identify opportunities to improve and validate improvement efforts.
- Obtains and analyzes data to identify process improvement opportunities utilizing some higher order statistics; reviews data and identifies trends, makes recommendations on findings
- Serves as team leader for Quality Advisor Super-users.Host routine education seminars for Quality Advisor Super-users within the organization.Supports service line initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Assists NOHS in understanding and acting on data.Identifies and institutes educational opportunities for staff development.
- Assists NOHS employees by breaking down barriers to achieving assigned projects.
- Designs training materials and conduct training classes to improve organizational performance on performance improvement initiatives.
- Must have a solid understanding of Quality and utilizes Lean methodology.
- Provides and plans education on new or changing standards throughout the system.
- Supports the system wide Performance Improvement Program by participating in projects identified and approved by Quality Council and as assigned by PM leadership.Participation is defined as:
a.)Provides oversight for continuous quality improvement reviews, including validation ofdata collected and compilation of final reports for PI Teams.
b.)Serves as primary contact for physician questions or concerns regarding Performance Improvement initiatives.
c.)Communicates with Patient Safety, Infection Prevention, Nursing, and Physician Services to ensure patient safety issues are identified and reported.
d.)Attends medical staff and other committee meetings as requested by the VP of Performance Management and Sr. VP Patient Services.
- Attends Quality Council meetings to support teams and provide information as needed.
15.Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, families, visitors, medical staff, and personnel in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and Medical Staff Bylaws.
16.Cooperates with the External Review Coordinator as requested.
17.Renews license annually and/or meets professional credentialing, if required.Participates in professional organizations pertinent to position and credential requirements, attends workshops, conferences, and educational meetings to meet continuing education needs.
18.Remains abreast of changes in CMS-mandated measure sets and communicates this information to PM Leadership, other analysts, Performance Improvement Teams, Chief Medical Officer,SVP Patient Services/CNO, NOHS Leadership, and individual medical staff members and hospital employees,as appropriate.
19.Designs data collection strategies and report design formats to facilitate analysis and communication of data related to PI initiatives.
20.Generates preliminary PI team reports and data analyses for Performance Management Leadership reviews, then, finalizes data reports for presentation at hospital and medical staff meetings.
21.Corresponds with the medical staff and hospital leaders on assigned projects.Provides / supports staff education related to initiatives.Provides community education on related performance improvement projects as needed.
22.Assist in designing and creating order sets, care paths, educational materials, and policy and procedure related to performance improvement initiatives as needed.
23.Correspondence with local and national organization to assist with project initiatives.
24.Engage in networking with other hospitals and healthcare facilities on performance improvement initiatives.
25.Responsible for Quarterly Departmental QA review and assist departments in developing QA monitors assuring strategic alignment
- Meets regularly with VP Performance Management and other organizational leaders to discuss progress of the performance improvement program.
- Maintains professional growth and development by attending meetings and seminars and by participating in state and national activities.
Follows North Oaks Health System compliance programs and federal and state regulations and guidelines.