PHARM.INV.CNTRL.TECH - PHARMACY
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day shift M-F
Manage medication and non-medication inventories of Pharmacy Department including ordering, receiving, and processing of invoices for payment.
1. High school diploma.
2. Pharmacy experience preferred.
3. Typing skills and excellent math skills are essential.
4. Current and valid certification with the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy. AGE-SPECIFIC CONSIDERATIONSIs involved in providing patient care for people of the following age groups: Neonates (Birth – 28 days) Peds (28 days – 8 years)Adolescents (9 – 17 years)Adults (18 – 60 years)Geriatrics (60 years and older)
Physical Effort: Job requires intermittent sitting, standing and walking, frequent lifting up to 30 pounds, occasional carrying up to 30 pounds, occasional pushing, kneeling and ladder climbing, frequent pulling, bending, squatting, reaching and twisting. Must be able to see (near and have depth perception), hear, talk, have use of right and left hands, have dexterity in fingers. Strength: Medium Push: Frequently Pull: Frequently Carry: Occasionally Lift: Occasionally Sit: Frequently Stand: Occasionally Walk: Occasionally
1. Order all drugs and supplies for pharmacy and various departments
.2. Does interdepartmental billing for medications.
3. Process all invoices and send to Accounts Payable for payment.
4. Inspect and resolve issues/problems related to invoices and/or orders.
5. Maintains invoice files as required by licensing agencies.
6. Obtains hard-to-find drugs when needed.
7. Retrieves and distributes mail daily.
8. Process drug orders upon receipt and file.
9. Update drug facts and comparisons, and facts and comparisons for natural products monthly.
10. Maintain status of loan/borrowed medications.
11. Prepares all medications for returns when necessary.
12. Deal with manufacturers, wholesaler, and other supply companies on all drug shortages.
13. Coordinates return or destruction of expired medication through return goods company.
14. Researches drug shortage through approved agencies. (ASHP, FDA, etc.)
15. Routinely pulls cards of high-use items to monitor inventory control.
16. Facilitates recall process when notified of a recalled medication. This may include destruction or return of recalled medication.
17. Other duties as assigned.
18. Performs duties with an awareness of patient’s age, growth, development, cultural and spiritual differences.
19. Provides prompt, courteous services to all internal and external customers. Prioritizes and addresses customer needs and demands in a professional manner, providing follow-up and developing cooperative relationships.
20. Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve customer services, work processes and financial performance. Assists to design and implementation of quality improvement initiatives on departmental and organizational levels.
21. Assists team members in completion of task and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Orient new co-workers and actively support team development.
22. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and all Federal and State regulatory guidelines.