REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - REHAB-INPATIENT THERAPY
Status: PRN - As Needed
Shift: varies Mon-Fri between 6:30a - 6:30p; rotating weekend and holidays
Under supervision of the department professional, the technician performs general non-technical duties; assists the department professional in transferring, lifting, positioning, and treating patients in all areas in the hospital system including but not limited to: Acute care, Home Health, Outpatient, CMR, and Senior Care. Maintains treatment areas and performs upkeep on all equipment and supplies.
High school graduate required.
One to two years of college preferred with some experience in patient care and working knowledge of medical terminology.
Intermittent exertion in positioning, lifting, transferring patients, equipment or other materials. Walking and standing predominant although some stooping, kneeling and reaching are required.
1. Administer and assist with such treatments including, but not limited to, exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs, transfer training, electrical stimulation and traction under the supervision of a department professional.
2. Prepare any written documentation required by the department as directed by the department professional.
3. Provide care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
4. Maintain appointment books, logs, charge records and schedules as necessary for the daily operations of the department.
5. Prepare treatment areas for incoming patients, transport patients to the Rehabilitation Services Department, and prepare patients and equipment for treatments.
6. Maintain and distribute appropriate supplies including linens, bandages, cleaning supplies and assistive devices
7. Provide general assistance to department professional as directed, including preparation of hydrotherapy equipment and moist heat pads used in treatment.
8. Maintain cleanliness of department, treatment areas and equipment according to posted technician cleaning schedules.
9. Perform clerical duties such as writing patient charges, answering telephones, and other related duties as directed.
10. Serves as backup bus driver.
11. Serves as courier between Rehab Services Department and physicians.
12. Assist the exercise specialist with the Wellness Program as directed.
13. Comply with department policies, procedures, objectives, and safety, environmental, infection control and quality assurance programs.
14. Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings and attend other meetings that are required.
15. Meet the needs of patients in the waiting area and the treatment rooms in an appropriate and safe manner.
16. Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
17. Communicate at an appropriate level necessary for interaction with all hospital personnel.
18. Follow North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
19. Assist the professional in the aquatic facility as directed.
20. Assist with completing tech duties for work area (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly).