SPORTS PERFORMANCE SPECIALIST - SPORTS PERFORMANCE
Status: Full Time
Shift: 40 hours per week
The primary role of the Strength Coach is to implement safe and highly-effective strength training and conditioning programs in collaboration with schools, athletic directors and coaches engaged in the North Oaks Sports Medicine Program specific to the training goals of each school for its student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
- Experience in Olympic lifting techniques with ability to teach and oversee safe and effective practice of student athletes.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association.
- Ability to work collaboratively with schools, athletic directors, coaches, athletes and medical providers to facilitate the creation and maintenance of an outstanding program.
- Ability to effectively communicate with student athletes in a positive and motivational manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the day and to/from multiple locations.
- Flexible work schedule including some weekends.
- At least one year of experience in team strength training at the high school, collegiate or professional level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology or related field.
- Master’s degree in related field or business.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength & Conditioning Association (CSCS) or other nationally recognized and accredited training certification
A. Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Must have good body mechanics and strength to allow demonstration of proper lifting and running techniques.
B. Physical Effort Required/Physical Demands:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Engage and collaborate with schools, athletic directors and coaches interested in the implementation of a strength training program.
2. Proactively communicate with all essential coaching staff to meet the needs of each school and sport serviced through the program.
3. Build and maintain strong relationships with schools, athletic directors, colleagues, coaches and athletes.
4. Formulate and supervise the implementation of safe and effective programs to improve strength, conditioning, agility and performance of student athletes.
5. Develop a program that is practical to be implemented on a school campus and/or in home settings of athletes specific to the campus or typical home resources available.
6. Collaborate and actively seek guidance/support from the Sports Medicine Medical Director and other providers as may be needed.
7. Assess the needs of student athletes and create applicable plans in the areas of strength, speed, cardio conditioning, agility and overall sports performance in order to enhance the student athlete’s abilities in their respective sport and position.
8. Upon assessment of student athletes develop necessary strength/conditioning goals specific to the student’s sport and/or event.
9. Implement comprehensive and consistent record keeping systems with coaches and athletes in order to measure and track each athlete’s progress.
10. Teach proper strength/conditioning techniques for athletes in applicable areas including but not limited to the following;
b. Change of direction
c. Jumping and landing mechanics
d. Weight training
e. Resistance training
11. Provide and foster a fun, competitive, supportive and motivational environment for student athletes which promotes athletic excellence and achievement.
12. Collaborate with North Oaks Rehab and training staff to seamlessly integrate all aspects of the program (e.g. strength, trainers, cognitive and nutritional) into a comprehensive plan.
13. At all times act ethically, respectfully and professionally.
14. Actively promote North Oaks and the program in the community.
15. Continuously re-assess the program looking for opportunities to improve efficiency and outcomes.
16. Stay abreast and pursues education on developments and advances in strength and conditioning training.
17. Participate in the sports medicine physical program.
18. Maintain professional growth and development through education opportunities and affiliations.
19. Follow North Oaks Health System’s compliance programs and all federal and state regulatory guidelines.
20. Perform other duties assigned.