STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPEC/LPN - EMPLOYEE EDUCATION
Status: Full Time
Shift: 7:30 am- 4:00 pm four days per week; days of week and times vary around class schedule.
The Staff Development Specialist LPN develops and presents appropriate training programs to meet the educational and competency needs of hospital staff.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
Current Louisiana LPN license.
Current BLS Provider required. Must obtain within 60 days of accepting position.
Current BLS instructor preferred. Must obtain within 12 months of accepting position unless otherwise instructed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum 3 years acute care nursing experience required.
1. Identify educational and competency needs of the staff. Works collaboratively with management and Staff Development Specialist RN in planning and implementing strategies to meet those needs.
2. Orientation of new hospital staff.
3. Collects and recommends educational resources available to hospital staff.
4. Evaluates training programs to ensure they have met the identified objectives.
5. Follows policies, procedures and protocols as they relate to the job.
6. Ensures confidentiality of employee matters.
7. Ensures proper record keeping of course files and attendance documentation.
8. Serves as role model, consultant, educator and facilitator to staff
9. Serves as instructor for the American Heart Association CPR courses.
10. Assists with American Heart Association ACLS and PALS courses.
11. Remains competent and current at all times.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance program and State Regulatory guidelines.