STAFF DEVLPMNT SPEC-HRLY - EMPLOYEE EDUCATION
Status: Part Time
Shift: 7:30 am- 4 pm three days per week; days vary depending on class schedule
The Staff Development Specialist develops and presents appropriate training programs to meet the educational and competency needs of hospital staff.
Graduate of an accredited RN program.
Current Louisiana RN license.
Current BLS Provider required. Must obtain within 60 days of accepting position.
Current BLS instructor preferred. Must obtain within 12 months of accepting position unless otherwise instructed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum 2 years nursing experience required with BSN; minimum 3 years nursing experience with ADN·
Prior experience in adult learning environments is preferred
STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (CORE)
1. Identify educational and competency needs of the staff. Works collaboratively with management and staff in planning and implementing strategies to meet those needs.
2. Orientation of new hospital staff.
3. Collects and recommends educational resources available to hospital staff.
4. Evaluates training programs to ensure they have met the identified objectives.
5. Follows policies, procedures and protocols as they relate to the job.
6. Ensures confidentiality of employee matters.
7. Ensures proper record keeping of course files and attendance documentation.
8. Serves as role model, consultant, educator and facilitator to staff
.9. Serves as instructor for American Heart Association courses (ACLS, CPR, PALS, and NRP) as assigned.
10. Remains competent and current at all times.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance program and State Regulatory guidelines.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (UNIT BASE)
1. Identify patient care provider’s educational needs and plan and implement strategies to meet those needs.
2. Collaborates with staff and managers to orient and maintain clinical competency of both licensed and ancillary staff.
3. Serves as role model, consultant, educator and facilitator to staff.
4. Primary reporting relationship to Staff Development Coordinator with secondary responsibility to Nursing Director.
5. Develops education offerings for continuing nursing education credit.
6. Flexible schedule to meet the identified needs of staff.
7. Serves as instructor for American Heart Association (CPR, ACLS and PALS) courses as assigned.
8. Remains competent and current at all times.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Follows all North Oaks Health System's Compliance Programs and all Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.