VP Primary/Medical Svc Line - SERVICE LINE ADMINISTRATION
Status: Full Time
Shift: Varies - Exempt position. Primarily M-F
The Vice President Primary Care Service Line Leader is a strategically important role, one that coordinates, develops, and implements a system-wide business plan to develop and retain a strong primary care base. The role requires a highly resourceful individual who has the ability to convene, focus, and coordinate multiple leaders to achieve one outcome.
A.Experience, Knowledge and Skill
•Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
•Results/action-orientation; project management skills
•Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation skills
•Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
•Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
•Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
2.Previous Experience Required:
•Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience required
•Project management experience is preferred
3.Specialized or Technical Education Required:
·MBA, MHA or Master’s in a healthcare related field is required or eight (8) years of service line leadership experience or director level experience.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position encompasses six primary accountabilities:
· The Development and Execution of a primary care strategic plan working with the leaders of Case Management, Primary Care, Wellness/HTA, Quality Payment Programs, Hospitalists, all primary care clinics, Observation, Urgent Care Clinics and SLU Infirmary to increase access and reputation in the community.
· Coordination / Orchestration of a comprehensive population health strategy to improve the overall health of our community.
· Independent leadership of special primary care initiatives, ranging from development of new services to new strategies, which optimize the strength of the health system.
· Conduct monthly meetings with all stakeholders within the service line to ensure engagement and alignment with strategic priorities and deadlines.
· Proactively identify issues, which could interrupt the implementation of the primary care strategies and creatively develop solutions to mitigate the issues.
· Work closely with the Medical Directors and members of the Executive Team to ensure that the primary care service line meets key benchmarks and targets to grow volume and performance dollars while at the same time, reduce cost.
· Oversee the medical directors and ensure they meet the established goals.
· Review outcomes and time sheets to ensure compliance and correctness.
· Key Meeting Preparation/Facilitation
▪Convene meetings to facilitate buy-in, strategy development and implementation.
· Project Coordination/Orchestration
▪ Work closely with Louisiana Department of Hospitals, Parish Health Unit, and school nurses to ensure North Oaks is developing services that address the health needs of the community
▪Keep members of the Executive Team updated on the progress made toward the strategic plan timeline.
▪Timely inform Executive Team of issues with recommended solutions.
▪ Develop and implement presentations to stakeholders on primary care.
▪ Hold timely meetings for internal stakeholders to keep them updated on progress.
Financial Strategy Development
▪Work closely with Executive Team members to develop a comprehensive pay for performance strategy and then oversee its successful implementation.
▪ Analyze performance contracts to ensure North Oaks is optimizing the opportunity.
▪ Seek out pay for performance contracts.
▪ Working with Executive Team to align resources to ensure consistent adherence to measurements.