Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS) is a non-profit law firm serving the 22 parishes east of the Atchafalaya basin. We have offices in Baton Rouge, Covington, Hammond, Harvey, Houma and New Orleans. We provide free civil legal aid to low-income households.
SLLS is seeking a VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR, Pro Bono Unit in the New Orleans Office.
This position will conduct onboarding activities, ongoing recruitment, and other placement related tasks related to volunteer law clerks, undergraduate students, and paralegal students for all SLLS offices. This position will be located in our New Orleans Office and is under the direct supervision of SLLS’ Pro Bono Program Directing Attorney.
- Possess an ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Has excellent written, oral, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Is a confident, well-organized, detailed oriented, and outgoing individual.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to new and changing environments
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting with all levels of management
- Open to exploring new technology skills to enhance their daily duties
- Working knowledge of Excel and Publisher
- College degree preferred
Duties will include:
- Scheduling interviews and reviewing candidates for volunteer positions;
- Assist with the coordination of IFP clinic;
- Attend volunteer recruitment events at law schools and additional places as needed;
- Maintaining records and documentation of volunteers hours and assisting the H.R. Manger with handling personnel documents;
- Providing volunteers with support and guidance to foster a positive work environment and maintain strong relationships;
- Assisting SLLS’ Pro Bono Program Directing Attorney with evaluating the volunteer program on an on-going basis, by regularly checking in with volunteer students, conducting exit interviews, and recommend and implement changes, as appropriate;
- Organizing and participating in volunteer outreach covering our 22 parishes
- Assisting, planning, and participating in special volunteer appreciation events;
- Working with SLLS’ Pro Bono Directing Attorney in matching the needs and skills of volunteers to appropriate offices and SLLS staff;
- Scheduling and facilitating volunteer orientation;
- Assist SLLS’ Pro Bono Directing Attorney with any other tasks/projects related to increasing student related pro bono recruitment and other efforts in SLLS’ 22 parish service area.
- Eligibility after 6 months for partial remote work schedule.
This position will be full-time with a salary range of $29,250 - $41,250, depending on experience. Additional compensation for bilingualism, commissioned notary, paralegal certificate, and a college degree (Associate and Bachelors). For more information about SLLS, our current job ads, and how to apply, please visit www.SLLS.org/employment.
To apply, send a resume to Shannan Latino, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com by Monday, April 17, 2023.
SLLS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.