Director of Nursing
Salary: $100,000+plus for experience; $20,000 bonus program; $25,000 sign-on bonus.
Shift: Fulltime, exempt position
Why work for St. James Place? We believe that our 40- year reputation for excellence is directly tied to the diverse, talented, and devoted team of people who come to work every day. It is that belief that compels us to maintain a workplace culture where people really want to come to work and give their very best. Whether a new team member, or one of our many long timers, a common theme here is that this is a great place to work! It may be all the smiling faces, our expectations for accountability and respect, our great benefits, our beautiful campus, the rewarding work, or the fun we have together.
- Highest nurse/CNA staffing ratio in town
- 5-STAR Rating
- US News and Report BEST Facility
- Beautiful building, furnishings and grounds
- Safe neighborhood – but 24-hour security, anyway
As a senior leader:
- Strong DON support systems/resources
- Management flexibility – not part of a large corporation
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent retirement program
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a great team of people doing meaningful, rewarding work, we invite you to apply now. Experience for yourself what makes us different, including low resident to staff ratios; a beautiful and newly renovated nursing home, no long hallways, competitive pay, excellent benefits, and much more!
What are our team members saying about working at St. James Place? "I like working at St. James Place because it is family oriented and a great place to work"- ADON
“I've grown so much as a nurse at St. James Place. Especially realizing how important every team member is in caring for our residents. Sometimes we cannot change the outcome, but we can affect the journey.”- LPN Team Member
Plans, develops and supervises the activities of licensed and non-licensed staff that provide health care and services and ensures the highest degree of care and customer service is maintained. Develops nursing policies and procedures and quality assurance measures in conjunction with the NFA that meet the objectives of the department and are in accordance with current federal and state guidelines. Plans and performs training and in-services for direct care staff, ensuring that all staff meets the required continuing education requirements annually. Other duties include:
- Provides leadership to nursing staff to complete tasks necessary to achieve objectives and provide quality care.
- Makes daily rounds of neighborhoods to obtain verbal reports of resident issues or concerns.
- Direct and manage resident care according to Medicare Part A regulations of all SNF residents; to include negotiation of reimbursement rates for HMO patients, screening and selection of patients for admission, monitoring of expenditures for resident care, monitor and ensure compliance with documentation requirements for SNF services, and facilitate smooth, timely transition into other levels of care.
- Collaborate with the NFA to ensure adequate resources for resident care, staff training, equipment acquisition and maintenance, etc.
- Provides effective supervision, motivation, and leadership to staff
- Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Current Registered Nurse license in Louisiana
- 3-5 years nursing experience, preferably in a long-term care setting
- Previous experience in nursing management
- Computer literacy
- Health Insurance
- Free Urgent Care Telehealth Benefit
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Discounted Fitness Center Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- On-site Cafe
EEO Statement: St. James Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, promote, and train for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.