Reference Lab Supervisor (New Orleans)
The Blood Center Reference Laboratory team helps save lives every day! We are at the forefront of patient care and provide ongoing training plus an engaged and responsive Management team!
We are looking for a Reference Laboratory Supervisor at our New Orleans location. Come lead our dynamic team in assisting area hospitals in saving lives!!
What you will do:
- You will be a partner in decision making
- You will resolve discrepant serologic patient results
- You will perform routine transfusion service testing
- You will perform complex antibody identification
- You will perform molecular genotyping
- You will be at the forefront of transfusion medicine at an accredited Immunohematology Reference Laboratory
- You will maintain our extensive inventory or rare and frozen inventory
- You will assist in validation of new equipment
What we are looking for:
- Previous Laboratory supervisory experience
- An SBB certification
- LA MT CLS license
- Intermediate to advance immunohematology knowledge
The Blood Center pays a competitive starting wage and full benefits package including paid holidays, health, dental and life insurance on date of hire, paid time off after six months and an employer contributed retirement plan.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to work for an organization that cares about its employees and the community please apply for the Reference Lab Supervisor position online at www.thebloodcenter.org.