Academic General Cardiologist Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on April 25, 2022
Cardiology Non Invasive
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Heart and Vascular Institute, is seeking a general cardiologist.
- Option to join faculty as assistant professor, associate professor, or professor of clinical medicine
- Clinical responsibilities include general cardiology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System Medical Center and University Medical Center New Orleans.
- Outpatient clinic responsibilities at the aforementioned sites and other outreach clinics as assigned; including cardiology consults, critical care services, echocardiography including TEEs and diagnostic imaging.
- Weekend and after-hours hospital service in rotation with other faculty
- Teaching responsibilities will include formal and informal teaching activities for medical students, medicine residents and cardiology fellows as well as attending, facilitating, and presenting cardiology conferences
- Research duties include developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected with at least one publication per year preferred
- Board certified or board eligible in cardiology
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program and employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall, or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.