Academic Hospice and Palliative Internist Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Nursing
Posted on July 30, 2022
Internal Medicine Palliative
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, is seeking a clinician educator/hospice and palliative internist.
- Join a robust academic group of clinical educators providing care at university-affiliated hospitals
- Team is active in scholarly activities including quality improvement and medical education
- Ideal candidate will have experience and interest in medical student, resident, and fellow education
- Department features the only palliative medicine fellowship program in the state of Louisiana
- Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply
- Program is comprised of a group of teaching faculty that practice evidence-based medicine to provide the highest quality care and excellence in palliative medicine
- Board certified or board eligible in internal medicine with fellowship training in palliative medicine
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Louisiana
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.