Academic Hospitalist Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on April 25, 2022
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine is seeking a BE/BC general internist to join our academic hospitalist program.
- Applicants will join a robust academic hospitalist group active in scholarly activities including quality improvement and medical education
- Experience and interest in student and resident education desired
- Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply
- Medical degree required
- Board certification/ board eligibility in general internal medicine
- Eligible for a medical license in the state of Louisiana as well as CDS and DEA required
- Prior experience in teaching residents and students preferred
- Ability to work as part of a professional team and to collaborate effectively with individuals within the University as well as with outside contractors
- Ability to employ process and quality improvement techniques
- Skill in the understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.