Academic Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on July 30, 2022
Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Job Summary:The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA is seeking an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon.
- Tulane SOM seeks a board certified/board eligible orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon, with an M.D. from an accredited medical school, eligible for licensure in Louisiana, with appropriate academic qualifications to serve on faculty
- Experience in an academic setting; sports medicine training; or practice experience in orthopaedic surgery is preferred
- The Department is poised for rapid growth and seeks a candidate who will work closely with the chair of the department, faculty, residents and fellows
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse academic environment
- Tulane School of Medicine, and its affiliated hospitals, constitute a major academic medical network in Louisiana, and has a strong record of achievement in research, patient care, and teaching
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.