DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Offering a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates!
Do you have the career opportunities as a Advanced Paramedic you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Advanced Paramedic to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The ER Paramedic may provide services that are within the scope of the ER Paramedic’s LA Paramedic Certification without physician supervision and direction and is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care to Emergency Room patients safely and effectively. Any service provided directly to a patient must be pursuant to protocols, procedures and policies of the Hospital and pursuant to an Emergency Provider’s order and in accordance with the applicable standard of care and the requirements of this Job Description, and validated by competency assessment under the License of the Physician Medical Director. The ER Paramedic reports to the Director of Emergency Services. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of HCA in order to meet the healthcare needs of patients and their families. The ER Paramedic may not perform any of the prohibited functions listed in this Job Description.
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) projects
- Maintains clinical competence
- Maintains competence in documentation
- Utilize SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) for communication
- Support and represent the facility’s Mission, Vision, Values while performing the role
- Attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy
- Clean stretchers, closets, and cabinets as appropriate.
- Answer and receive patient report from EMS on radio (not allowed to give or take orders over radio)
- Receive EMS hand off reports at facility
- Education: Current certification/Licensure in the State of Louisiana as a Paramedic. EMT-P required. Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS Provider, PALS Provider and CPI within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a field Paramedic with an EMS agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
- Current clinical competency must be demonstrated and additional education/training may be required by Tulane hospital employing the ER Paramedic. Competency assessment, training, education and performance review shall be the sole responsibility of the hospital that employs the ER Paramedic.
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Night shift(7:00 pm-7:00 am) w/rotating weekends
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Advanced Paramedic like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.