Cardiopulmonary Therapist PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cardiopulmonary Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Cardiopulmonary Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Cardiopulmonary Therapist provide therapeutic, diagnostic, and emergency services in the critical and acute care setting related to care of the airway and cardiopulmonary system under physician direction. Scope of service includes managing equipment, performing assessments, providing patient care, and educating the patient, family and staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Dynamic Departmental Duties
- Performs routine diagnostic procedures (spirometry, lung volumes, diffusing capacity, pulse oximetry assessments) according to department policy, ATS standards and physician orders.
- Performs specialized diagnostic procedures (methacholine challenges, pulmonary stress testing and metabolic studies, sweat testing, bronchoscopy procedures according to department policy, ATS standards and physician orders.
- Documents and maintains records of examinations. Completely and accurately documents testing results, patient effort and patient response to procedures. Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, and inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment. Schedules procedures in accordance with department policy and physician orders. Able to troubleshoot PFT data information system without need for assistance/supervision.
- Perform arterial and capillary blood gas punctures, in addition to oximetry appropriate for age and level of comprehension, and other pulmonary and cardiovascular procedures and assessments as required and authorized by the medical director.
- Obtains physician referral; develops and implements care plan to meet established therapeutic objectives and measure outcome regarding pulmonary rehab. Documents instruction, progress, and recommendations on patient chart, and communicates it to the pulmonary fellow and referring physician.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: NBRC credentials and licensed by LSBME as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with BLS current certification.
- Education: Graduate of JCRCE accredited Registered Respiratory Therapist entry level program.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years post graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Valid ACLS within 6 months of hire from American Heart Association.
- Work schedule: PRN
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiopulmonary Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.