Cath Lab Technician
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cath Lab Tech you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Cath Lab Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Cath Lab Tech is a professional technologist who performs high quality diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular and radiologic procedures. S/he help support and achieve departmental goals and perform other duties that may benefit the department or facility.
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Assists with all cardiac and radiologic invasive procedures according to established department policies and procedures:
- Monitors and accurately documents patient’s hemodynamic parameters and vital signs during procedures.
- Processes films.
- Promotes/practices cost containment
- Provides instruction to patient/family.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in inservices, committees, staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: ARRT (R) and current Louisiana Licensure as a Radiologic Technologist (LSRT). Current CPR certification required. ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Radiologic Technologists
- Experience: Prior experience in special procedures or cath lab preferred
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to work in stressfull environment. RCIS certification is recommended
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(7:00 am-3:30 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Cath Lab Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.